Rate: 10-15$/hr and/or negotiable depending on experience
10-20 hrs/week – flexible work schedule during semester
20 hr/week or more during summer
Job Duration: begins immediately – no end date
An undergraduate Web developer position is open within the CyberInfrastructure and Geospatial Information Laboratory (CIGI), starting immediately. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining various project Websites. They will closely work with design assistant in the lab and implement the conceived designs.
Applicants are expected to have good understanding of Web development and should submit samples of sites they have developed for review. Successful applicants would expect to work in a world-class GIS research group setting, and have close interactions with faculty, staff, and other students within CIGI.
Sophomores and Juniors who are able to continue working during summer and the next academic year are preferred. Stipend depends on qualification and extension after the first semester depends on performance and funding availability.
Familiarity with the following Web development technologies:
- Knowledge of HTML, and CSS is required;
- Knowledge of scripting tools like PHP is highly desirable
- Exposure to content management platforms like Drupal and/or wikis will be a plus
- Ability to write solid and elegant code;
- Be able to work independently in a cross-functional collaboration environment with multiple teams; and
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please send resumes via e-mail to Ms. Susan Etter (email@example.com) with copy to Dr. Anand Padmanabhan (firstname.lastname@example.org).